Monday, April 27, 2009

My-Kaps for My Keurig: A Way to Reuse K-cups

I have a Keurig coffee maker and I'm loving it. It makes great coffee and I like that my next cup can be a different brand of coffee. Generally though, I only drink one cup a day.

I've been looking for a way to use up the loose coffee that I still have. Keurig does make a reusable coffee filter but I haven't wanted to pay the money to get it. I've been waiting for a sale and a coupon before I purchased one. But I might not get one.

My mom was browsing the internet and came across a really great site that makes little Kaps for spent K-cups. You open up the K-cup and empty out the used grounds. Rinse the cup and let it dry. When your ready for a new cup of coffee, you fill up the empty K-cup with your choice of loose coffee and place the My-Kap (tm) on the cup. There you go. A refillable K-cup.

Are you interested in these as well? They are called My-Kap (tm). They are little plastic Kaps. You can buy one or many of these My-Kaps and prefill youf K-cups or just fill and use as needed. I think I'd like at least 2.

Off to brew a cup of coffee.

Reuse your Keurig K-Cups!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I think you won my iPhone Cozy! I just read this post and wanted to give you a link to my blog about Keurig Coffee filter.

http://ecogeneration.blogspot.com/2008/12/single-cup-coffee-machines-if-you-are.html

Please send me an e-mail (there's a button on my blog) with your address so that I can send you the cozy you won.
Congratulations!

karen

Kati said...

Hey! I just wanted to let you know that you won a prize on my blog. Check it out.

Please shoot me an email @ countygirlcitylife @ live .com