Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Bit of New Orleans at Home

Today is Mardi Gras. Happy Fat Tuesday.

We've had a bit of New Orleans in the last couple of weeks. Jambalaya, King Cakes, Beignets and Cafe' au lait from Cafe' Du Monde. Yum!

I made a King Cake from the brioche dough, recipe for dough is found in the Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day book.

I forgot to take photos of each step but I did manage to get a picture just before consuming it. It was so good. I made 2 and filled one with apples and a cream cheese spread and the other contained lemon curd.




With the leftover dough I made beignets (a french style doughnut) and in the tradition of Cafe' du Monde (a coffee shop in New Orleans), I piled them with powdered sugar. These were delicious as well.




Want to read a bit more about our trip last year to New Orleans during Carnival season?

Here are most of the throws I caught last year. That is a bathtub full of beads.


No comments: