Friday, March 28, 2008

Come Have a Seat in My Laundry Basket (alt title: My Worst Furniture Purchase)

I don't own much furniture. I have a bed, a desk, a coffee table, two end tables, and a chair. Not a lot. The chair I have, I was really excited about buying but have come to realize it might not have been a great purchase.


The chair I purchased was a Papasan chair from World Market. (picture at left is a Papasan. Mine is a cream color) At first this chair was great. Nice and big and mostly comfortable. I rarely sit in it. It isn't all that comfortable or stylish for that matter. Not that it really matters because the chair has transformed. It has become a laundry basket. It holds all of my clean clothes, folded and waiting to be put away. It never happens. The clothes always sit in that huge wicker chair. It makes a great laundry purchase but not a great furniture purchase.


I'm in luck in the furniture department though, PingandWin is having a giveaway for a LoveSac. I would love to win one of these. I could get rid of my laundry basket (chair) and replace it with the LoveSac. Or I could just add to my piddly amount of furniture. I can guarantee that the LoveSac would be much more comfortable then the Papasan. April 3 is the closing date for this giveaway so if you want to enter, head on over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the same chair, and while I would agree that it serves as an excellent laundry hamper, I strongly beg to differ on the comfortable part. This is by far one of the most comfortable chairs I have ever sat in. I have spent many a nap in this chair, and more than one of my visiting friends have slept in it. Perfect for college students.