Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Exploring

The weather has been so nice the past couple of days. Monday after picking Buttercup up from school we went to a local park and walked the trails. We explored a new dirt trail we've never been on before.

Things we saw:
  • a worm (the first of many worms to come. Buttercup loves them)
  • moss with green stickyup things
  • moss with red stickyup things
  • bear tracks (horse hoof prints in the mud/dirt)
  • bear caves (tree with a large hole at the bottom)

Things we did:
  • threw sticks in the river
  • listened for bears in the forest
  • tried to teach Buttercup to skip
  • skipping wasn't working so we galloped
  • sat and watched the river flow by

After the park we went to the library for a few books and then home to explore in our yard.

Things found in our yard:
  • box elder bugs
  • an empty cocoon
  • a praying mantis cocoon in the garden
  • seeds from the marigolds
It was a great day. I look forward to many more days exploring.

(no photos, we were to busy exploring to remember pictures)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi- I am loving spring already! Hey you won the coupon package an our blog for Stonyfield yogurt. E-mail me your mailing address so I can get those out to you!

Donna(at)Blessednest(dot)com

Alexia said...

Such fun! I can't wait until we're moved closer to town, our parks sucked compared to yours LOL

All that bear talk makes me think of "We're going on a Bear Hunt" I love that book!

Anonymous said...

That does sound like a great day. Your description made me smile.

Eli's Lids said...

Found your blog while blog hopping...
Geeze, you could have had science class on your walk!

lace said...

@ Alexia - I thought of that song as well while we were walking. I can't wait for you to move closer.

@ Ari - Thanks for stopping by. It really was a great day. It's been a bit colder so no more outings in the last few days.

@ Eli's Lids - It was a science class wasn't it. I was just glad to be out in the sunshine.