Friday, May 8, 2009

From My Mother

Mother's Day is soon and in celebration of my mom, these are a few of the things she's passed down to me:

a love for:
  • Jesus
  • reading
  • family
  • chocolate
  • coffee
skills:
  • sewing
  • baking
  • cooking
  • laundry
activities we enjoy:
  • biking
  • taking walks with Buttercup and Pony
  • movies
  • reading on the porch
  • going to Biggby for coffee

things I still need to learn from her:
  • pecan pie recipe
  • pie crust recipe
  • how to make a pot of coffee
  • sewing (some more advanced stuff)
I know there's lots more things she's passed on to me and many more skills I still need to learn. Thanks for all the things you've taught me and all the love you've given.

Happy Mother's Day Mom! I love you.


Parent Bloggers Network and Johnson's want to know what your mother has passed down to you.

________________

Johnson's second annual Celebrity Hand Me Down charity auction has begun, May 7 at 7 pm PT till Thursday May 14. The auction features items donated by celebrity moms Gwyneth Paltrow and Jessica Alba with proceeds benefiting the new global JOHNSON’S® NO MORE TEARS® Clean Water initiative via their well-known charitable giving site, Baby Cause.

this post was written for Parent Bloggers Network as part of their blog blast for Johnson's Celebrity Hand Me Down charity auction.

4 comments:

grams said...

Thanks Lace, you made me cry again. LOL

Stephanie, Mama Dramatist said...

Oh, such sweetness!!!

(Hey, maybe she'll share that pecan pie recipe with the rest of us... it doesn't hurt to ask, right?)

wife.mom.nurse said...

What a lovely tribute to your mom. She did a great job!

")
Julie

wife.mom.nurse said...

I want to let you know that I found your blog after Jessica accidently commented under you sign in ")

I am not stalking you. LOL!

I just loved the sweet tribute to you mom!