Friday, October 26, 2007

Little Carnivore

Ask my 3 year old niece what she wants for dinner or lunch and you will get the same response every time. "I only want meat and checkup (Ketchup)" Any kind of meat will do but there must always be ketchup. Throw in some mashed potatoes every once and a while and she is good. I try to get her to taste some of the other offerings at lunch and dinner. But to no avail. She will only eat the meat.

I don't believe that I was a picky eater when I was little. I must ask my mom. The only thing I can remember never wanting to eat was tomatoes, cooked or fresh. My brother on the other hand was. No beans, legumes, mayo or the such would ever pass his mouth.

Maybe I need that new book Deceptively Delicious or maybe I can get some other tips and tricks from the creative people at Parent Bloggers Network.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

On my blog (http://whatscookingblog.wordpress.com/2007/10/08/is-deceptively-delicious-too-deceptive) I have been talking about where to draw the line between honesty and getting our kids to eat well.

Take a peek and learn about some other ideas that might work that are less deceptive than what Jessica Seinfeld is promoting in this book...

info@thebabymarketplace.com said...

I was a carnivore as a kid. I grew out of it.

Anonymous said...

My little girl is exactly the same way, but she loves eggs too. I think she's just a high-protein kind of girl

Qtpies7 said...

I guess we should meld her with my dd who will NOT eat meat! She won't even touch chicken nuggets!
Thanks for entering for my Quelf giveaway! Good luck!